We know your privacy is important to you, and our aim with this Privacy Notice is to help you make informed choices about your personal information. The companies and websites covered by this Privacy Notice include: The AZEK Company, AZEK Building Products, Timbertech, Scranton Products, VYCOM Plastics, Ultralox Interlocking Technology, Harmony Railing, Return Polymers and VERSATEX Building Products, and StruXure Outdoor.
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information HarmonyRailing.com collects about you, what we do with it, and how you can control it in connection with our websites, mobile apps, or other online services (the “Site”). This Privacy Notice also applies to the personal information we collect through hardcopy means.
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Information we receive from you. We collect information that you provide to us directly. For example, when you complete an online form (e.g., to subscribe to a newsletter or fill out our contact form) or create a user account. We also allow you to contact us through the website by chatting with a representative or sending us an email. In addition, we may from time to time run surveys or promotions on our website. When you register with us or communicate with us through our website, we ask you to provide your contact information (such as name, mailing address, phone number, and email address). We may also ask you to provide product information (including type of product purchased, where it was purchased, and the purchase date as well as information about installation), if applicable. Lastly, there may be an option to provide demographic information about your household and, although this information is not required, we encourage you to provide it so that we can create a more personalized experience on our site.
- Information we receive from third parties. We also obtain information about you from third parties we contract with to provide us that information. These third parties may collect information on our behalf or they may collect the information from you separately and then provide it to us.
- When you create an account we ask for your name, contact information (including phone number, postal code, and email address). We also prompt you to create a username and/or unique password.
- When you voluntarily elect to participate in a survey or promotion, we ask for your contact information (such as name and shipping address) and demographic information (such as zip code, age level).
- When you download and install one of our apps, we ask you to create an account. When you use the app, we collect the following information:
- Usage and Log Information. We collect information about your activity on our app, including log files, diagnostic information, and performance reports.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device and connection-specific information including hardware model, operating system, app version, browser information, mobile network, device date and time, language and time zone, and device identifier.
- Location Information. We collect device location information if you use our location features.
- Other Device Information. The app may also allow us to collect and use information received through device-based settings when you enable them (such as access to your camera and photos) in order to provide certain features on our app.
- Information sent by your device or browser. When you visit our websites we collect information automatically from your browser, such as browser type, browser language, operating system, internet service provider (ISP), IP address, device identification number, geo-location data, session identification number, search terms, search results, and online browsing data (like date and time of access to our website, referring website address, pages viewed, features used, links clicked, and other actions you take in connection with the website, sometimes referred to as “clickstream data”).
- Analytics: We use third-party web analytics services on our websites, such as those of Google Analytics, which analyze how a visitor uses the websites. Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to delete existing cookies.
- Advertising: Our websites allow third parties to serve cookies for purposes of delivering interest-based media ads when users engage with third-party websites.
Most browsers are set up to accept cookies automatically. You can deactivate the storing of cookies or adjust your browser to inform you before the cookie is stored on your computer. You can find more information about cookies and how they work at All About Cookies. In the case of third-party cookies for interest-based advertising, you can opt out of receiving interest-based ads from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance for web properties App Choices for mobile apps. Note that if you choose to disable cookies, it is possible that some Site features may not function properly.
Reasons for Collecting Information
We collect personal information about you for the following reasons:
- For administrative purposes. We use your information to assist you with registration, to administer your account, to administer contests, to handle warranty information and claims, and for list management and demographic matching. We may also use your information to to tell you about important changes to the Site, or to administer promotions or programs we offer.
- To improve our websites. We combine information about visitors to our websites to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information that helps us understand the frequency of visits to our site, the pages visited, and the features clicked.
- To manage and improve our app. We use information collected to make improvements to our app and to provide content and features.
- For legal purposes. We use the information we collect where necessary to comply with law or a legal obligation to which we are subject or to exercise or defend legal claims. We also use the information where necessary to assess your compliance with any terms and conditions that apply to your use of the Site.
- Enabling your use of our services and fulfilling your requests for certain products and services.
- Generating leads and marketing our products.
- Using the information for internal financial activities like auditing, billing, and forecasting.
- Improving and developing our products and services, including verifying and maintaining the quality and safety of our products.
- For our internal efforts to operate and improve our business. This could include:
- For security purposes, as necessary to help us protect against, identify, or investigate fraud or other criminal activity.
- For automated decision making, including email segmentation and message personalization.
- To communicate with you. We use information you provide to us in order to communicate with you, respond to your inquiries or requests for information, provide personalized offers and advertising, and to notify you of promotions or, if applicable, of promotion results and awards. We may also use the information to communicate with you regarding any of the reasons discussed above.
How Information Is Shared
We may share your information:
- With our affiliates and other companies in which we have an economic interest or ownership rights.
- With others working for us, which includes third parties that perform business functions for us. When we contract with these third parties, we do not permit them to use or disclose your information for any purpose other than the work they are doing on our behalf or as required by law.
- With third-party contractors, if you’ve indicated to that you are looking for a contractor, such as by selecting the “Yes, I need a contractor” option in an online form on the Site.
- With other third parties, such as law enforcement or other government entities when we are required to do so by law or legal process, to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual criminal activity.
- As part of a corporate restructure, such as a liquidation, reorganization, merger, sale of the company, consolidation, change of control, asset or stock acquisition/disposition, or other corporate combination. If that happens, we will use reasonable efforts to make sure the transferee uses your information in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Additionally, composite tracking information generated by cookies for traffic accounting and content analysis is shared with third parties for the purpose of documenting site activity and other trends.
Controlling Your Information
Making Changes to or Requesting Deletion of Your Personal Information. We aim to keep your information as accurate as possible. You may add to, delete, or change any individual information you have provided to us by writing to us using the information provided in the Contact Us section below. After receipt of such a written request, we will add, delete, or change your personal information from our records as soon as commercially reasonable. If you are a Nevada resident, contact us here.
Opting Out of Commercial Messages. You may always opt out of receiving future commercial email or text messages from us by following the opt-out instructions in emails or texts we send you, or by contacting us at the address provided below. Please be aware that if you opt out of receiving commercial messages from us, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request, and you may receive commercial messages from us during that period.
Even if you opt out of receiving promotional and marketing material, we may still correspond with you about your existing or past business relationships with us (e.g., any purchase of our products or use of our services, or responses to your requests for information either through the website or other means). We may also access and view your information in the course of maintaining and improving the Site and our services.
Do Not Track. Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals.
If you are a California resident, please consult the California Privacy Rights section below for your rights and additional considerations.
We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. Although we strive to keep your personal information secure, no security measures are absolute. Use caution when transmitting personal information over the Internet.
How Long Information Is Kept
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected if for, including as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or to exercise our rights and defend claims.
Online payments for orders made through our websites are processed by third-party vendors. Because we use third parties we do not directly collect or store your payment information.
Children’s Personal Information
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information relating to children under 13 years old. If you believe an individual under 13 has provided personal information to us, please contact us using the information provided below.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We may provide links to other websites maintained by unaffiliated third parties for your convenience. We do not maintain those third-party websites and are not responsible for the availability, accuracy, or quality of their content. We make no representations or warranties whatsoever about any other website which you may choose to access through our Site. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and will be posted on our website, indicating when it was last updated. If there are material changes to our Privacy Notice, we will post a prominent notice on our websites.
For questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices generally, please contact us here:
2737 West Service Road
Eagan, MN 55121
Phone: (844) 724-5001
Send Us a Email
Last Updated: June 28, 2021