No matter what project you are working on, you want to be sure you are fully prepped. This is especially the case when installing something that is meant to last. Here are some considerations before starting your railing installation.
Ensure Your Deck Is Railing-Ready
- Be sure you following building code requirements for your area.
- Ensure you have the proper blocking for your posts.
- Ensure you chosen deck material is chosen and installed.
Before You Buy
- Remember the true measurements for each panel size:
Our 6-foot panels = 69.43 inches in length
Our 8-foot panels = 91.31 inches in length
Be Sure You Have the Tools You Need
- Steel measuring tape
- Cordless drill
- 3/8” Hex driver bit
- #2 Square drive bit
- Miter saw with nonferrous blade
- 3/16” Drill Bit
- A pencil
- Safety glasses
- Cable threading tools (horizontal only)
- Cable release tool (horizontal only)
- Stainless steel cable cutter (vertical only)