Harmony Railing’s organic powder coating should be regularly cleaned and maintained in order to protect the decorative and protective quality of the coating. We recommend that you keep a record of all cleaning schedules and frequencies so that your railing always stays in pristine shape. We’ve put together a little maintenance guide to ensure that your railing will always qualify for its 20-year warranty.
To maintain the warranty on your railing, maintenance of Harmony Railing must adhere to the following steps:
- Clean your railing using warm water and a non-abrasive, pH neutral (pH 5 to 8) detergent solution. Do not use solvents such as thinners or solutions containing chlorinated hydrocarbons or ketones.
- If atmospheric pollution has resulted in heavy soiling of the railing coating, some stains or marks may require stronger domestic products, such as alcohol, petroleum spirits, white spirits or bleach diluted to five percent (5%). In this instance, rinse the coating immediately after using the cleaning.
- All surfaces shall be cleaned using a soft cloth or sponge, and no cloth shall be harsher than natural bristle.
- Cleaning agent must be rinsed immediately after application.
- If your railing is subject to any hazardous and unusual environmental factors or is located within one (1) mile of the seashore, an estuary or marine environments, Harmony Railing must be consulted on an individual project basis for best maintenance practices.
After your railing is installed, you are going to want to care for your railing with some frequency.
- If you live within one mile of the seashore, you are going to want to clean your railing two times per year
- The cleaning cycle shall commence within six months of installation
- Be sure to clean your railing at least once every six months.
- Maintain fully documented maintenance records throughout the warranty term
- If you live more than 1 mile from the seashore, you are going to want to clean your railing once a year.
- The cleaning cycle shall commence within twelve months of installation
- Be sure to clean your railing once every twelve months.
- Be sure to maintain fully documented records throughout the Warranty term
- Damage from installation, mechanical processes, jig marks and other related defects must be repaired immediately in order for the Warranty to remain intact
- Protective tapes used in installation must be of a “low tack” quality and must not be left in contact with the surface for more than one hour.
- Harmony Railing must approve all sealants and mastics prior to installation in order for Warranty to remain in
- To qualify for warranty, products must be registered within 60-days of installation.